Master Instructor Development ProgramMaster Instructor Development Program
Please see the calendar on the home page for a list of training locations and dates.
The IALEFI Master Instructor Development Program (MIDP) was designed to provide continuing education to individuals certified as firearms instructors. Foundation courses of the MIDP include instructor level training on the three most commonly utilized law enforcement weapon systems, handgun, rifle, and shotgun. Alternative topics such as low light concealed carry and shoot house instructor may be offered at the request of the host.
Different proven methodologies will be used to enhance the teaching skills of the police firearms instructor. Hands-on skills will progress from the basics to the more complex and all participants regardless of skill level will find themselves challenged. Practical exercise will emphasize both practical marksmanship and operational skills.
Throughout the three-day program, participants will be shown drills designed to improve the performance of both proficient and problem shooters. The information presented will prove especially useful in creating a positive training experience that will ultimately result in greater officer safety.Topics covered:
Course Requirements: (may vary student advised at registration)
- range safety
- review of shooting fundamentals/positions
- operational skills
- basic tactics such as movement, use of cover, light management, etc.
- shooter remediation
- adult learning concepts
- coaching strategies
- course design
- Pistol and duty type holster, 600 rounds
- Semi-auto rifle with a sling, 350 rounds and 3 magazines
- Duty Shotgun with a sling - 120 rounds (at least 20 rounds buckshot,10 rounds slugs, birdshot okay
- A Black Marker, wrap around eye protection, ear protection and brimmed hat. Range appropriate apparel.
- Hydration fluids and snacks
For a list of scheduled courses visit the calendar at IALEFI
If interested in hosting a course contact us at email@example.com
or call 603-524-8787.