Master Instructor Development Program
The IALEFI Master Instructor Development Program (MIDP) was designed to provide continuing education to individuals certified as firearms instructors. Foundation courses of the MIDP include instructor level training on the three most commonly utilized law enforcement weapon systems; handgun, rifle and shotgun. Alternative topics such as low light, concealed carry and shoot house instructor may be offered at the request of the host.
Different proven methodologies will be used to enhance the teaching skills of the police firearms instructor. Hands-on skills will progress from the basics to the more complex and all participants regardless of skill level will find themselves challenged. Practical exercise will put an emphasis on both practical marksmanship and operational skills.
Throughout the three day program, participants will be shown a number of drills designed to improve the performance of both proficient and problem shooters. The information presented will prove especially useful in creating a positive training experience that will ultimately result in greater officer safety.
- range safety
- review of shooting fundamentals/positions
- operational skills
- basic tactics such as movement, use of cover, light management, etc.
- shooter remediation
- adult learning concepts
- coaching strategies
- course design
- Pistol and holster, 400 rounds, and 10 dummy rounds
- Semi-auto rifle with a sling, 300 rounds and 3 magazines
- Shotgun, pistol, 120 rounds (at least 20 rounds buckshot, 10 rounds slugs, bird shot okay for the rest).
- A Black Marker, wrap around eye protection, ear protection and brimmed hat
- Hydration fluids and snacks